Visiting with my parents

by Kimberly on June 24, 2008

We spent the weekend with my parents. They came up late Saturday. We had dinner at our place. Which was mainly sandwiches, coleslaw and apple pie and ice cream. Like we really needed the apple pie and ice cream.

I did get my dad a father’s day gift. It was an humidor. The only problem was he bought one the day before. So now he has two of them. That didn’t turn out the way I had planned.But we did enjoy the night. We talked about everyday things. And some of what was going on in our lives and theirs.

It had been about 4 months since all four of us got together. So it had been a while. We went out in the back porch and sat and had cigars and a drink. We were all enjoying setting out back and doing that. My parents went to bed a little earlier then us. We then turn in later.

They had came up to use their boat out on the lakes around here. But the day before it pretty much rained all day. So we weren’t sure if we would be taking the boat out or not. Ken and my dad looked at the weather to see what we would be doing.

The decision was that we would not be taking the boat out. So now that my parents came up what would we be doing?

We decided to go up to St. Augustine, which would be about a two hour drive. Since we didn’t have anything else to do why not? We all pack up our stuff. Like the cameras and anything else we wanted to bring. My dad just bought a new GPS so he brought that to practice with. And of course we had ours.

We all had a good time going up there and talking. We got to St. Augustine and found some were to park. Then we headed to find a restaurant. The one we found wasn’t all that great. But the service wasn’t that bad. After eating lunch we walked around St. Augustine. Going threw the main historic area and of course buying some ice cream. After walking around the old part of St. Augustine we headed for the car. We then took the bridge over to the beach area. We walked out to the beach to get some pictures.

All of us decided it was time to head home. But we did stop on the way and eat at an restaurant on the St. Jones river. Which was much better then the 1st. My parents ended up going home after we got back. We hopefully will meet up with them again maybe sometime next week. We had a very nice visit with them. I hope to get back to doing more of that..

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: